So you want to become a Member of The 501st Connecticut Garrison. . .
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen!
As we say in the 501st Conn Squad – “You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany.” -Ben Kenobi
The 501st Legion a.k.a. Vader‘s Fist is “The World‘s Definitve Imperial Costuming Organization.” We number over 4,000 members world-wide and are found in all 50 states and over 40 countries. Acceptable costumes range from the Emperor down to Imperial Crewman and Bounty Hunters to Denizens of the Empire. The 501st CTG is the local Unit of the 501st Legion. Our Garrison is constantly growing. We participate in a variety of events from participating in charity events such as Easter Seals Walk With Me and Miracle Treat Day, marching in parades such as the New Haven St. Pattrick‘s Day Parade and the Barnum Street Parade, attending conventions and Free Comic Book Day. To see a list of al the events we have done to date as a Garrison please visit our Events Log page.
501st Requirements –
– You must be at least 18 years of age to join the 501st.
– You must have at least one screen-quality Star Wars Imperial, Bounty Hunter, Denizen or another approved “Bad Guy” costume. If you have a quesion as to if a particular costume is acceptable please ask. If you are interested in the Rebellion you should look up the Rebel Legion.
Membership Process –
– Register on the Connnnecticut Garrison‘s forum. Here you can chat with members of the Garrison. This is also a good place to learn about the group and where to get helpfull tips on costume making.
– You must complete a costume before becoming a member of the 501st Legion. Once you have completed a costume, you will need to send 2 photographs to the Garrison Membership Liaison (GML). These should comprise of one image of the entire costume visible head to foot and one image of you in your costume with your helmet or mask off. The images should be of high resolution and preferably in even natural lighting. Below are examples of what you need to submit. The GML will review the photos of your costume and will assist you with the next step.
Now you are ready to fill out the 501st Legion Membership Application –
– With the exception of the information you allow to be public, all information submitted on your application will be kept confidential and will be used solely for 501st Legion registration purposes.
– Next you will need to pick an ID number. Your ID number can be anything from 0000-9999. The prefix will be assigned based on your costume, such as TK-0000 for a stormtrooper, SL-0000 for Sith Lord etc. Check the Legion database for available numbers before selecting your top 5 choices. Not doing so may delay your approval.
– After you‘ve filled out the application, your GML will advise the Legion Membership Officer of their findings and recommend membership approval. This part of the process depends upon the LMO‘s availability.
– If your application is approved, you will receive an email confirmation. At this point you will receive your ID number. Then you will truly become a part of the Empire with the 501st Legion and the Connecticut Garrison.
– For additionial information please visit the 501st Registration page.
May your journey into the Star Wars universe take you down the road to the Dark Side!